Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Angus" == Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Angus> Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Following my config.h analysis, this patch gets rid of <config.h>

I am ready to do more of this but I would like to know first if
this kind of patch will be accepted.

Angus> The last time we thought about this, we decided that config.h
Angus> should be #included in *all* .C file and *no* .h files. All .C
Angus> files should have the same build environment and that's
Angus> guaranteed by using config.h.

Yes. I am absolutely against removing config.h from .C file especially
if the only lame reason you have is that it does not sit well with
your plan to switch to scons :)

Helping the port to Scons is just a side effect. The problem is that config.h is not only used for supposed portability but also to pass some settings that is used somewhere in the source code. For example, could you tell me why every source code should know that lyx will have Aspell?

This just seems wrong to me.

 I have fixed a few monthes ago link
errors in Mac OS X which came from the fact that some templates where
used with config.h loaded in some cases, and without it in other
cases.

In some cases, loading config.h does change the type of variables.

I think you will achieve the same portability is you limit the include of config.h to C file in src/support/ only. Every use of config.h defined macro should be transfered there (the majority are there already actually).

Abdel