1. There are a few minor typographical problems – catched with (builtin)
chktex.
En-dashes, footnote-spacing, excess space(~).

These are hopefully improved upon in the attached .lyx-file.

Uwe, do you intend to take these changes into account? I think it is important to adhere to good typography principles in our docs. I can apply the changes if you do not have time to look after it. It is better to do it right now than to let the documents bitrot.

(From the existing I deduced that the desired behavior was to conform to
Bringhurst‘s guide: endash surrounded with spaces.)

2. Then there are problems with lines running into the margin:

These are the following: occuring with default a4-papersize.

– Exercise: Fix the section and subsection headings in example_raw.lyx.

– Exercise: Correctly typeset the Quote, LYX-Code, and Verse in
example_raw.lyx

All the Exercise entries could read "in example_raw.lyx, do this and that". That would solve these problems.

—    If you want to know more about this document, then see Section .

This is from 3.4.2. We should either break the line by ourselves or use a Quote environment instead of LyX-Code. This line going in the margin is ridiculous.

These I did not try to fix in the attached file since I didn’t find
something like a style-guide for LyX-documentation.

3. In section 3.2 designating paragraphs deviates (only optically?) from
the rest of the document in apparently using indention and skips.
For my own documents I would insert a pagebreak there.

Mn, I do not see what you mean here.

Uwe, please let me know if you plan to handle these changes or if I should do them.

JMarc