Hello,

Syrus> Right now, I've got 1.0.0pre6 and klyx installed on a Debian
Syrus> (slink: pre2.1) system. I compiled Lyx myself, and the version
Syrus> of Klyx claims to be 0.9.9. Anyway, my most important document
Syrus> is my thesis. I've managed to painstakingly implement the
Syrus> required formatting of my university by embedding red latex
Syrus> commands in the early sections. The anomaly is that Lyx
Syrus> 1.0.0pre compiles my file without error whereas Klyx chokes
Syrus> near a \flushleft block and \vspace command.

There may be differences between the two programs as far as the LaTeX
output. If you cn pinpoint what the difference is, we might be able to
determine which program is faulty and fix it.

Syrus> Anyway, I'm
Syrus> wondering if any of you have noticed the differences in using
Syrus> Lyx vs. Klyx at this time for your critical documents. (Klyx
Syrus> may find further errors as well, but I'm unable to get past the
Syrus> first ones. Also, Klyx has done an excellent job on small
Syrus> papers and documents such as a journal article that I am
Syrus> writing. I find the QT interface to be preferable to xforms,
Syrus> although xforms on a fast machine is nice.)

The situation is that KLyX and LyX are slightly different, besides the
obvious GUI: KLyX is based on LyX 0.12.0, and I am not sure all
changes LyX since then have been fold in (I know several have been);
moreover KLyX supports a few thing that LyX does not know about
(paragraph-level line sapcing comes to my mind).

JMarc