Achim> I have got the problem that LyX (or rather LaTeX?) writes
Achim> beyond the margin of a page, if the last "word" in a line is a
Achim> citation.  The same thing happens if I export the LaTeX file
Achim> and view it with xdvi.  Any hints?

This happens when LaTeX cannot make a word fit on a line, but feels
that breaking the line would not produce a nice output. So the word
stands out to show you that you should do something about it...

The quick and dirty fix to this problem is to add \sloppy to your
LaTeX preamble.

JMarc