Francois FIGAROL wrote:

> ** Can't find libXpm. Please check that the Xpm library
>    is correctly installed on your system.
>
> ** Can't find libforms or libxforms. Please check that the xforms library
>    is correctly installed on your system.
>
> ** Can't find forms.h. Please check that the forms library
>    is correctly installed on your system.
>
> It looks to me that some libraries are missing  or that the PATH is wrong !!?

Have you check that Xforms is installed on your machine? If not, I
grabbed it from the HP-UX Software Porting Center
http://hpux.csc.liv.ac.uk:80/ and got LyX to compile smoothly, which is
very rare on HP-UX...

> Anyhow, I looked also for a binary version that I could use immediatly to try
> out Lyx and I found out that there was one for hp-unix-9.something only. This
> version is not running under hp-unix-10.2.

I'm very surprised, since I got these binaries to work just fine on
HP-UX 10.2, until I recently compiled version 1.0 myself. You have to
read carefully the installation instructions, in particular if you're
not installing LyX in /usr/local, as far as I remember.

/Remy