Hi,

I'm pretty new to this LyX-stuff (and a total pedal-head on TeX or LaTeX, BTW), so
maybe this is a really really stupid question. But here goes anyway:

I try to use LyX 1.0 (downloaded the binary .tgz and installed it on a SuSE 5.3
system). The templates are really cool, but I kinda bummed when the letter-template
defaulted to a Roman font: I prefer to send my letters in a typewriter-style font.

Funny thing is: if I select some text and change the font (with Layout-Character), it
_still_ prints in Roman, although it shows typewriter in the LyX screen.

So I went through all the docs, and finally delved into the letter.layout file, which
refers to the stletter.inc file. I changed the default font from Roman to Typewriter
and now my letters look OK in the LyX screen, but they _still_ print in Roman.

I don't get any of this with the other templates (they print typewriter styles OK), so
what gives?

Thx

Karel Jansens
jansens_at_ibm_dot_net

PS: I really really went through all of the online docs. Promise.