I reckon I must have made some mistake and the post below never made it through the
list.

If anyone can help me with this problem, I'd appreciate it.

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this LyX-stuff (and a total pedal-head on TeX or LaTeX, BTW), so
maybe this is a really really stupid question. But here goes anyway:

I try to use LyX 1.0 (downloaded the binary .tgz and installed it on a SuSE 5.3
system). The templates are really cool, but I kinda bummed when the letter-template
defaulted to a Roman font: I prefer to send my letters in a typewriter-style font.

Funny thing is: if I select some text and change the font (with Layout-Character), it
_still_ prints in Roman, although it shows typewriter in the LyX screen.

So I went through all the docs, and finally delved into the letter.layout file, which
refers to the stletter.inc file. I changed the default font from Roman to Typewriter
and now my letters look OK in the LyX screen, but they _still_ print in Roman.

I don't get any of this with the other templates (they print typewriter styles OK), so
what gives?

Thx

Karel Jansens
jansens_at_ibm_dot_net

PS: I really really went through all of the online docs. Promise.