I use LyX-1.0.0 on Sparc Solaris machines.  I recently tried
displaying LyX on an X-Server (MicroImages) on my laptop running
ms-windows-NT.  I got as far as the display of LyX, which looked
great, then LyX crashed with these messages:

        BadFont (invalid Font parameter)
        Abort (core dumped)

I'd appreciate suggestions on how to get this to work: do I need
additional fonts on the X-server or a different configuration for LyX
to display on the PC X-server?  Has anyone done it successfully?

Failing that, I'd welcome suggestions on how to debug LyX's protest
and core dump.

Thanks,

--

Ronald Florence                 Maple Lawn Farm, Stonington, CT
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.connix.com/~mlfarm