I've been trying to figure out why LyX core-dumps when I try to run it
with the display on a PC laptop running the MicroImages X-server.  The
X-server works with other programs.  When I start LyX, it displays,
then crashes with the messages:

  BadFont (invalid Font parameter)
  Abort (core dumped)

At Jean-Marc's suggestion, I checked the fonts.dir on the PC X-server
and ran LyX with -dbg 515; the last error message is

  BufferView::Redraw()

Adb on the core dump gives the following stack trace:

ron@rosie% adb /usr/local/src/lyx-1.0.0/src/lyx
core file = core -- program ``lyx'' on platform SUNW,SPARCstation-20
SIGABRT: Abort
$c
_libc_kill(?) + 8
_vt.16InsetSpecialChar(0xef4e2eb4,0xffff,0xefffed10,0x200,0x7fffffff,0xffffffff) +
10854
LyX_XErrHandler__FP9_XDisplayP11XErrorEvent(0x26f4b0,0xefffef88,0x0,0x20,0xeffff0fc,0xef60f3f8)
 + ac

I'm stumped, and I'd really like to be able to run LyX remotely on the
laptop.  Thanks for any sugestions and wisdom.

--

Ronald Florence                 Maple Lawn Farm, Stonington, CT
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.connix.com/~mlfarm