Hi,

I have been having this problem ever since I upgraded to tetex-*-0.9-17
from redhat 6 CD. I recompiled lyx, but it didn't help. Every time I
open/create a lyx document I get an error saying

"LyX: Unknown textclass `article' [around line 4 of file
~/mywork/bild10/review_midterm.lyx]"

and when I try to preview/print I get an error saying
--
Processing file review_midterm.sgml
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3)

(review_midterm.tex

! LaTeX Error: File `article.cls' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: cls)

Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>

l.2 \usepackage
               {linuxdoc-sgml}^^M
No pages of output.
Transcript written on review_midterm.log.
--

has anyone have this problem before? maybe I forgot to upgrade some
package? The line 4 of the review_midterm.lyx says

\textclass article

but somehow I am missing that article.cls file (I am guessing).
These are all the .cls files I have in my system.

/usr/local/share/lyx/tex/ejour2.cls
/usr/local/share/lyx/tex/hollywood.cls
/usr/local/share/lyx/tex/iletter.cls
/usr/local/share/lyx/tex/revtex.cls
/usr/local/share/lyx/tex/broadway.cls

and I don't see "article.cls" file... Maybe someone can tell me where I
can find that file? I doesn't come with the lyx source code either...

Any ideas? or if anyone have that article.cls file, could you send it to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ? maybe that will fix the problem.

Thanks,

Ji