>> Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:07:55 +0100
>> From: Jose Abilio Oliveira Matos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Subject: Re: Lyx and Latex2html
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 11:38:44PM -0400, Myriam Abramson wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm confused.  Shouldn't the html/url inserts become links in html
>> > when using latex2html (after exporting to latex) on the document?
>> >
>> > Maybe I'm missing something....
>> >
>> > TIA.
>>
>>   I am not sure about this but that behaviour can be configured
>> inside latex2html.
>>
>> > --
>> >
>> >                                           myriam
>> >
>> > Go Proverb:
>> >
>> > Don't make territory near thickness.

>From my experince of latex2HTML, if you want a correct behaviour with
printed URLS in the paper document and hypertext links in the electronic ones,
you must use the html.sty provided with latex2HTML and use one of
the provided commands \htmladdnormallink or \htmladdnormallinkfoot.
I personnaly prefer the second one, which puts the URL as a footnote.
Is seems that you must insert the reference in TeX mode up to now, after
adding the package in the preamble.

More generally, html.sty allows to control the differences between
paper version and electronic version of a document (insertion of HTML code,
LaTeX part which should not be translated,...).

Regards

--
Jean-Pierre