> Bruce> I am trying tr2latex and tr2tex now for use in converting my
> Bruce> troff stuff to lyx.  They don't seem to be working.  Importing
> Bruce> the latex generates lots of red text like \par.  Strange.
>
> If you can come out with an example of a LaTeX construct which is not
> translated correctly, maybe will it be possible to make reLyX
> understand it.

Using the following script:

        sed 's/^\\par.*$//' "$@" |
        sed 's/\\shead/\\section\*/g' |       # these three are tr2latex macros
        sed 's/{IPlist}/{enumerate}/g' |
        sed 's/\\IPitem/\\item/g' |
        sed 's/^\%\.Th [ ]*\([^ ]*\)/\1th/g'  # custom macro Th

and changes to tr2latex so \fP outputs not \rm, but \rm\md\upshape, I
get good latex output that loads perfectly into LyX with Import/Latex.
Latex file attached.

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                |  (610) 853-3000
% -*-LaTeX-*-
% Converted automatically from troff to LaTeX
% by tr2latex ($Revision: 2.2 $$Date: 1992/04/27 15:13:26 $ by C. Engel)
% on Mon Sep  6 17:30:59 1999
% tr2latex was written by Kamal Al-Yahya at Stanford University
% ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
% and substantially enhanced by Christian Engel at RWTH Aachen
% ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).
%
% troff input file: 99jun.ms

\documentstyle[troffms,11pt]{article}
\begin{document}
%--------------------------------------------------
% start of input file: 99jun.ms
%
%
\input /usr/local/groff_macros/macros
\input /usr/local/groff_macros/bap
%.St 0277 11 14
\title{Minutes for June 1999 Meeting}
%.DA

\section*{Members present}

Bob Citta, Bruce Momjian, Harry Mulholland, Chet Cherwinski
\section*{Guest}

Rodney Rafetto
\section*{Open with prayer}
\section*{Secretary's and Treasurer's Report.}

Accepted.
\section*{Old Business:}
\begin{enumerate}
\item{{1.}}
We discussed the June %
\bf picnic. \md\rm\upshape%
Attendance was similar to earlier years.
I circulated a list of items needed for every picnic.
\item{{2.}}
We discussed the upcoming %
\bf Fall Conference \md\rm\upshape%
at Lake Champion.
We set up people to do sign-up after church.
\item{{3.}}
We discussed how to address men's issues in an %
\bf all-church event \md\rm\upshape%
during Sunday School hour.
Rodney Rafetto, former head of %
\it Family Life \md\rm\upshape%
for the Philadelphia
area, spoke to our group about possible options.
A separate proposal outlines our plans for the event, and for followup
small-group meetings.
\end{enumerate}\section*{Close with Prayer.}

Next meeting is Monday, October
4th .

\input /usr/local/groff_macros/calendar
%