I wanted to give the list a status on my efforts to convert to lyx from
troff.

After downloading tr2latex, reworking some items that cause reLyX
trouble, and mapping my custom troff macros to latex macros, I am now
getting 98% conversion of my troff documents.

Troff is not as rich as latex/lyx, so I had written my own troff macros
for code blocks(typewriter), bullet lists(itemize), and smallcaps(noun).
Fortunately, my macro calls map directly to latex/lyx macros, making
the transition easy.

I never expected to be able to convert my troff stuff to another format
so thoroughly.  I assumed I would have to convert the troff to html, and
then to another format, loosing some formatting information.

I like the fact reLyX is a command-line utility.  I can convert a whole
directory with one script.

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                |  (610) 853-3000