On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Tony Dancer wrote:

>I had this problem when building from the tar.gz, and found the
>quickest solution was to extract lyx.xpm from the archive and place it
>in the directory RPM was complaining it couldnt find it in (in my case,
>the redhat/SOURCES directory.
>
>worked fine. I suspect the RPM spec file in the archive is a bit wonky.

        Yes, you're right. Check the lyx.spec file which comes with
        the sources and you'll see. Look for rpmdir=/var/... or
        something like that.

        On the other hand, instmon (http://www.freshmeat.net and
        search) is a handy tool. It monitors where the files go and
        it's able to make .rpm from of the installed program.
Davor Cengija
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Please allow 30 days for delivery"