Thanks, I tried using the src.rpm as well as extracting the xpm and
putting it in the respective directory. Both give me the following
message:
Configuration:
  Source code location:       .
  Compiler:                   g++
  Compiler flags:             -O2 -m486 -fno-strength-reduce
  LyX binary dir:             /usr/bin
  LyX files dir:              /usr/share/lyx
  Special flags:

**** The following problems have been detected by configure.
**** Please check the messages below before running 'make'.
**** (see the section 'Problems' in the INSTALL file)

** Cannot find X window libraries and/or headers. Check your
installation.
   If you use a Linux system, check that you have installed
   the development tools.

I installed Suse6.2 out of the box, XForms is installed, libXpm not, but
it isn't on the Suse6.2 either, yet I believe they are what Suse calls
simply xpm - is this right? Any ideas how to get it installed?

Tobias

--
Tobias Klaus

Department of Political Science