On mer, 05 jan 2000, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes à écrit

>Bill> I have been writing about sgml tools. I am hoping to get your
>Bill> feedback on what I have written about LyX. I use it regularly,
>Bill> but not for sgml, so I may well have over looked some important
>Bill> points. I may even have some inappropriate reasons not to use
>Bill> (out of my own ignorance). In particular I would like to know
>Bill> how to include more tags -- especially content tags, such as
>Bill> <application>, or <email>, or multiple authors, editors,
>Bill> <screen>, <userinput>, etc.

hi,
I use sgml extensively to manage my linux web pages. I didn't already made
the jump to docbook for my configuration lack some libraries and I had no
time to query they

sgml/lyx is only valuable with the use of sgml tools wich developpement is
stopped in favor of docbook.

to add more tags one will rewrite the tools to accomodate them. Thos is
likely to be very difficult, but depends of the goal to be achieved

what do you want to do with sgml?

native sgml tools wants to spread text in a variety of formats and should
accomodate all of them, beeing by the fact the smaller common denominator.
I beg that one of these formats don't allow table, for example, for this
is what I lack the most.

If you want only to use one or two of the varioux text mode available (for
example postscript printing and html, you can patch the various utilities
to accomodate this - open source is made for that  - In fatc, I beg I will
soon switch to the latext lyx version, for it exports directly to html and
this is what I want.

hope this help.

--
Le site ci-dessous est surtout consacré à Linux, mais aussi aux nouvelles de
science fiction écrites par moi, à la pédagogie de la dao et à plein d'autres