Hi, people!

    I started to use LyX some days ago and I became completely addicted to
the TeX way of life! :)
    But I have a little problem that is annoying me: I cannot produce a
quality PostScript document.
    I know that many people have this problem (i found some pages on the Net
about it) but I could not manage to make things work for me. Every time I
use dvips, EXCEPT when I use "times" as the font for my entire document, I
get a poor quality (Font Type 3) output.
    Iīve read about psfonts.map and gave a look at it... The file came with
the Slackware Linux 7.0 distribution of TeTex (but I have RedHat installed)
and everything looks fine. But I cannot produce quality output with ANY font
except " times" .
    How do I configure dvips/Lyx/LaTex to make it use the Type 1 fonts
(there are MANY installed in my machine, including the ones that came with
TeTex) for the other fonts LyX supports? I think the psfonts.map is fine
but, for some reason, dvips cannot find the other Type 1 fonts (they are
located in the directories used in the TeTex distribution). Maybe I have to
put them in a single directory??
    Well, I donīt know!! :) Can anyone help me?
    Thanks a lot!

    Daniel Andrade.