>>To: Emanuele Olivetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: Re: AMS not translated
>>From: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Date: 02 May 2000 18:47:09 +0200

>>Emanuele> 1) I use AMS book in italian but some words are not
>>Emanuele> translated, i.e.:theorem, proof etc.. How can I do? Can I
>>Emanuele> translate on my own ?
>>
>>You have to modify the layout files for that...
>>
>>Emanuele> 2) Is there somewhere "AMS report" as document class? Hopw
>>Emanuele> can I get it in Lyx?
>>
>>Well, since the AMS does not publish reports per se, there is no
>>corresponding class.
>>
>>JMarc

It's quite easy to build up a amsreport.cls class from the standard report
class, add any needed commands in the file, define the corresponding
layout. The amount of ERT needed depends on the work on the layout file,
but if the idea is to avoid the preamble and load files from templates,
(accepting ERT), it may work in a couple of minutes.
The Companion is a good entry to get info about cloning an existing class.

--
Jean-Pierre