Hello,

I'd like to solicit requests and ideas regarding the "insert Figure"
option that is present in LyX, as there is a need to reimplement it, I
thought it would be a good idea if peoples on the list would send me the
list of their needs and wants so I can collect and include them in my
work.

Current ideas that I read about (and need myself) is the auto-generation
of EPS files from other formats (gif, fig, jpeg, tiff are the basic ones I
guess, and the easiest to implement).

Regarding that I have a question, would you require the conversion to be a
part of LyX, or maybe using external programs will be ok, ImageMagick for
example is freely available and can convert almost anything to EPS, would
requiring ImageMagick (or other suitable tools) for this feature be too
much?

What else would you need from the Figure inclusion that you do not get
currently?

--
  Baruch Even

http://techst02.technion.ac.il/~sbaruch/   (My Site)
http://rpghost.com/jindor/                 (My brothers AD&D site)

" Learn to laugh ... it's the path to true love! "
   - The Angel in the movie Michael