I am having strange problems inserting a bibtex database into both lyx and
klyx (the error message below is from lyx 1.1.5, but I have experienced
the same problem in Klyx)

This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.3.1)
The top-level auxiliary file: thesis.aux
Sorry---you've exceeded BibTeX's buffer size 5000

Can anyone tell me why this may be happening?
Especially as the bib file, when inserted into another document, works
perfectly.

Thanks

Phil

  Phil Scordis
   Room 2.19, School of Biological Sciences, Stopford Building
    University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT