Juergen> On 19-Jul-2000 Andre Poenitz wrote:
>>> I installed Kayvan Sylvan's lyx 1.1.5 Linux binary on my Slackware
>>> 7.0 system, and i get a segmentation fault whenever I have
>>> netscape running.
>>  Could you run the debug-enabled binary in a debugger and send the
>> stack backtrace?

Juergen> The problem is XForms in low color environments (8bit) IMO,
Juergen> try to start lyx with 'lyx -visual best'

LyX should not core dump in such cases, but show a nice error message.
In fact, it crashes when it tries to display this error message.

Solution: get a version of xforms compiled for glibc2.1 (and not
glibc2.0, as you have now).

JMarc