Hello,

I just subscribed, hoping to find an answer to my question (I
found nothing in the archives).  I've been using an earlier
version of Lyx for about two years, and just upgraded to
1.1.5.fix1.  I've got an alpha box at work running Tru64 4.0F.

Here's my problem.  When I create a new document and try to 'view
dvi' or 'view postscript', I get an error saying:

          LaTeX Error: File 'inputenc.sty' not found.
                              ^^M

        *** (cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)

When I to display existing documents, that I created using the
older version (unfortunately I don't remember which version that
was), they display correctly.

any ideas?

BTW inputenc.sty does not exist in my TeX lib, and getting it
from ctan does not fix the problem-- Lyx just moves on,
complainaing about another missing file.

thanks!

--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp.  Larceny, n.  A sturdy fiber
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.      of which the human heart is