Ronny> Hi all, I'd really like to produce my resume with LyX (latex is
Ronny> OK, but lyx is better). However currently there's no document
Ronny> class for resume/CV in my system.

There is one that I wrote, but I have to warn you it is really
minimalist:
http://www-rocq.inria.fr/~lasgoutt/lyx/cv-1.3.tar.gz

It contains a latex document class and a LyX class.

Ronny> I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks on producing
Ronny> resume/CV with LyX or suggestions of good latex packages for
Ronny> making resume/CV that I can use with LyX?

Now, if you are looking for another class, you would have to write a
LyX textclass file for it. Of course you would be welcome to send it
to us, then :)

Ronny> That brings up another question: Can I make any latex package
Ronny> work with LyX? What makes a package incompatible with LyX?

Basically, package that work well with LyX are

1) packages that only need some code in the preamble and provide no
   new user macros (cite.sty, fancyhdr.sty, ...). Then LyX has nothing
   to do to support them.

2) document classes which have a syntax similar to the basic classes
   (and not too many commands with optional arguments)

3) probably many others, on a case-by-case basis.

JMarc