On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Rainer Hoffmann wrote:

> I build a new lyx and start it with src/lyx. Then I go to the
> preferences menu and change something small (e.g. adding an option for
> dvips). Then I click on save and the appearance of the document on the
> screen changes: All the fonts look smaller, the title is the same size
> as standard text. All in all it's different than before, but I never
> wanted that! Did I do something wrong?

Hmmm... Your screen font settings (probably zoom factor) appears to have
changed however as you say you never altered this then something weird is
happening.  What system are using?   OS, compiler, libraries etc.

> Now when I close lyx and start it again I get some messages in the terminal
> window I didn't have before:
> Lyx: Unknown tag '12' [around line 24 of file ~/.lyx/preferences]
> Lyx: Unknown tag '00' [around line 24 of file ~/.lyx/preferences]
> .... (8 more of those) ...
> What's that?

I don't know.  Perhaps you could include your preferences file in the next
reply.

Allan.  (ARRae)