[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jürgen Spitzmüller) writes:

> Is there a Latex-command to emphasize text as spaced type (in
> german: "Sperrdruck")? I don't know if this is typographically bad,
> but I have it in a lot of books, and when I want to cite a passage,
> I have to adapt it - or, what I'm doing at the moment, add a
> comment: "italic passages are spaced in the original" -which is not
> very elegant.
>
> Juergen

The soul package can do pretty much. However d o  n o t use
Sperrdruck. You wouldn't use Fraktur either when you quote, would you?

For the reader, "Hervorh. im Orig./von mir" (Emphasis found in the
original/added by myself) would make a difference, in most contexts
not how this is achieved. If it made a difference, one could use
typewriter text (\texttt) and add a comment what that stands for, but
I just wouldn't.

Andre

P.S. Deine Zeilen sind zu lang, 72 Zeichen reichen.

--
Andre Berger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> from Bonn, Germany