On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 01:08:15PM +0000, John Levon wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Frank Derichsweiler wrote:
>
> > - You need valid Linux kernel headers (!) which are included within
> > the xforms test within configure. Having no proper includes in
> > /usr/src/linux will result in a complaint about a non-working xforms
> > lib.
> >

> Just to clarify, this is essentially a SuSE bug, not a LyX problem.
> They should not be including kernel headers directly.

I am not sure about that, but: I posted this problem to the LyX users
list some weeks ago and the developers responded that they do not know
how to produce a valid test for that.
The only detail I know is the following: the configure generated file
includes a xforms header which (indirectly (?)) includes some linux
kernel header file for some constants.
For _me_ everything is allright, I suggest to add a small note in the
error message.

I did not make any tests with other Linux distributions therefore I do
not know. Perhaps somebody can try to compile on another Linux distrib
without a kernel source tree (and without the kernel header files)

Greetings
Frank