On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 7:20 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann <
engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> Thanks, Julien and Stefano
> for your suggestions. For the time being I changed the bst file at the
> appropriate site (and->und). I might try archlinux later.

Oops, I didn't mean to suggest that switching distribution is the only
solution for  installing biber!
I do think, however, that running TeXLive under Ubuntu/Debian may cause
problems *unless* you ditch the Ubuntu-provided packages and switch to the
true TeXLive distribution. I believe our own Scott K has indeed written a
series of scripts to make that process easier [1]

Cheers,

Stefano

[1]
https://github.com/scottkosty/install-tl-ubuntu/blob/master/install-tl-ubuntu