Dear LyXers,

My wife has LyX 2.1.1 under OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks). When she tries to open
a file, LyX pops a new LyX document up, which is immediately closed. No
Open File dialog is shown. The same happens with New From Template. Is
there a way to diagnose (and fix) this problem? Is it related to the
Yosemite problems arising left and right? I wouldn't like to upgrade to
Yosemite and thus to 2.1.1.2, unless it would be totally unavoidably, as
remote user support is not my strong feature, and she would be left in dire
straits.

Thanks in advance. Regards,
Julio Rojas
jcredbe...@gmail.com