On Nov 26, 2014 10:42 AM, "José Matos" <jama...@lyx.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 October 2014 09:22:08 Alex Vergara Gil wrote:
> > My questions are exclusive (or not)
> >
> > 1.       Is there a plan to move everything to python3 so we can finally
> > forget the old python2?
>
>   There is consensus to go that way but we are not there yet. We need to
identify which parts of the code are python2 specific and at least have the
code supporting both versions of python.

> Any help is welcome. :-)
>
> > Or
> >
> > 2.       Is there a way to have both python3 and bundled python version
in
> > lyx living together in windows? Any hints?
> >
> > Best Regards
>
> Regards,
> --
> José Abílio

Is there any real pressing need to move over to Python 3? I'm a pretty
heavy python user and it just doesn't seem like the scientific community in
general cares about it. I've actually never met anyone who runs anything in
3.  Two of the major python package managers (anaconda and canopy) either
default to 2 or don't even support 3.

-Steve