On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Herbert Voss wrote:

> > pdflatex gives errors if there are math in numbered sections. Are there

> try a \protect before your lyx mathbox or

Doesn't help. And it seems that LyX outputs two \protects automatically in
the TeX anyway.

> \newcommand\myMath{ .. lyx blue math box ...}
> and than in your title
> bla... \protect\myMath ...

Still gives errors.

Anyway, it seems I found a fix. I used $-math, eg. $N=32$ instead of LyX
blue box. Not a wysiwym way, but I'm not going to put complex formulas
anyway in headers.

I learned the $-math way from looking Maxima's TeX output. What is the
difference between this and what LyX does anyway? Why should I use one of
them instead of another?