Op 21-03-15 om 19:00 schreef Michael Berger:
Dear all,

Lyx Preferences Path is set to:
Hunspell dictionaries: /usr/share/hunspell

/usr/share/hunspell contains:
en_US.aff
en_US.dic
de_DE.aff
de_DE.dic

User interface language: English
My documents are written in English and/or German.

I believe to have everything in place and configured.

Yet I am getting : "Spellchecker has no dictionaries"

openSUSE 13.2
Lyx 2.1.2
KDE 4.14.6

Everything is up to date.
I did report this before but did not get any response.

You're using the packages from openSUSE? It should then work out of the box. I use the same system and spelling check works.

Can you start lyx with a clean configuration (mv ~/.lyx ~/.lyx.bak) and see if it still happens? Then we know whether it's somewhere in your configuration or in the system.

BTW: the default setting, which you have when you don't change anything yoursel, in LyX on openSUSE for spelling dictionaries is /usr/share/myspell, but that directory has the same content as /usr/share/hunspell, so it shoulldn't really matter.

Regards,

Cor