Op 22-03-15 om 14:57 schreef Michael Berger:
I don't exactly understand what you mean by "start Lyx with a clean
configuration" but this is what I tried:

lyx saves its configuration in the folder .lyx in your home directory. Back it up and delete this folder and you get a clean start. Then try to start lyx again.

Cor

 From within a Super User Terminal I called
a) lyx
b) strace -f -e trace=file -o trace.txt lyx

In both cases a lyx file opened and spellchecker worked as expected. I
could first check the English part of the document and after changing
the Language in > Documents Settings to German the German text.

The same procedure executed from an ordinary console resulted in
'Spellchecker has no dictionaries' and/or '...no errors found'.

I am not sure what the conclusion is or more specifically, what is/went
possibly wrong with my current settings.
Hope very much you or another member of the list has an idea?!

Cheers,
Michael

PS: neither did 'sudo' work in that ordinary console