Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgouttes <at> lyx.org> writes:

> Le 06/05/2015 23:36, Gilles Moyse a écrit :
> > Hi.
> >
> > Following this post
> > (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/84619), I am looking
> > for the location of the file where Lyx stores my user interface
> > configuration under Windows 7.
> >
> > I tried to find it by opening Lyx, selecting a new toolbar to be
> > displayed with View / Toolbar, closing Lyx and looking for the files
> > just modified, but I could only find a file named "session" in my user
> > directory (~\AppData\Roaming\LyX2.1\) containing cursor locations in
> > recently opened files.
>
> This file also contains the toolbar information.
>
> JMarc

Thanks a lot, this is actually the file I was looking for. Unofrtunately, it
is not easy to edit manually. Since I am trying to restore the orginal
layout of the Source and Messages panes side by side, which I cannot restore
using the mouse, I am going to try to download the lyx. conf file from the
GitHub and overwrite mine.