On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 3:16 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann
<engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> Am 16.05.2015 um 23:54 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
>>
>> On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 5:10 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann
>> <engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have again a (probably) trivial problem:
>>> I used to be able to select by right clicking on a note whether it should
>>> be
>>> note/commentary/greyed out note but the commentary/greyed out note are
>>> -well- greyed out. I tried to find an answer in the various help manuals
>>> but
>>> without success. What am I missing?
>>> Wolfgang
>>
>> Hi Wolfgang,
>>
>> Is this always the case? Same with a new document? Which version of
>> LyX are you using? What happens if you place the cursor before the
>> note and you run the following command?
>> inset-modify note Note Comment
>>
>> Scott
>
> Hi, Scott,
> I am not sure what you meant. I include a minimal example (no preamble
> content anymore) which shows that in the front matter a Note can not be
> changed to a Commentary or Grayed out Note. How should your example be
> placed? In the preamble???
> I guess the problem is a matter of the Koma script book style, since
> changing it to standard book style shows an error -indicating that a note in
> the front matter is not accepted. However, I would say that in both book
> styles notes/commentaries/grayed out should be allowed.
> Thanks for your attention

Hi Wolfgang,

I see your point. If you can insert them with LaTeX and it works, then
you might want to create a feature request. I would frame it more
about *inserting* a greyed out note, as it is the same issue and more
directly describes the problem than converting a note to a greyed out
note.

Scott