Am 20.05.2015 um 05:01 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 3:16 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann
<engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

Am 16.05.2015 um 23:54 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 5:10 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann
<engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
I have again a (probably) trivial problem:
I used to be able to select by right clicking on a note whether it should
be
note/commentary/greyed out note but the commentary/greyed out note are
-well- greyed out. I tried to find an answer in the various help manuals
but
without success. What am I missing?
Wolfgang
Hi Wolfgang,

Is this always the case? Same with a new document? Which version of
LyX are you using? What happens if you place the cursor before the
note and you run the following command?
inset-modify note Note Comment

Scott
Hi, Scott,
I am not sure what you meant. I include a minimal example (no preamble
content anymore) which shows that in the front matter a Note can not be
changed to a Commentary or Grayed out Note. How should your example be
placed? In the preamble???
I guess the problem is a matter of the Koma script book style, since
changing it to standard book style shows an error -indicating that a note in
the front matter is not accepted. However, I would say that in both book
styles notes/commentaries/grayed out should be allowed.
Thanks for your attention
Hi Wolfgang,

I see your point. If you can insert them with LaTeX and it works, then
you might want to create a feature request. I would frame it more
about *inserting* a greyed out note, as it is the same issue and more
directly describes the problem than converting a note to a greyed out
note.

Scott
After experimenting a bit I found out that in Koma Script Book Style

Commentary and grayed out notes do not work in frontmatter (Backside bottom), but do if copied from mainmatter to frontmatter Backside bottom.

This has probably to do with the Koma Book Style Upper- and Lower Backside, since these are not available with the Standard Book Style. So I think it has to be changed in Koma and has nothing to do with Lyx. Should be fixed there (Koma) easily, I guess.

Wolfgang