hi,

 I am running lyx 2.1.3 in windows 8.1 in my new laoptop.  I can
succesfully open my old lyx files of size 40kb and generate pdf from it.
But when I try to open other lyx files of size 258kb or more, it never
opens and lyx hangs showing not responding for hours.

 I have written all these lyx files in my previous laptop having exactly
same configuration, only difference being the processor in my old laptop
was intel i3 and in my new laptop it is amd a4. And I generated these
files using lyx 2.0.5 in windows 7. In my old laptop, I have succesfully
created, edited and converted these files to pdf.

 Please help me. I need to solve it urgently. I tried uninstalling and
reinstalling several times. But still I can not open the file of size 258
kb in lyx 2.1.3 in windowds 8.1 in my new laptop.

regards,
Sutanuka