On 2015-08-20, Justin Eisenberg wrote:

> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding:  --]

Hi Justin,

> I'm looking to typeset a book in Hebrew. I want to do the following things:
> 1) Have the main text in one column on the inside of the page (towards the
> binding)

OK. Documentclass book, page layout "twoside".¹

> 2) Have footnotes of the main text at the bottom of the page

Insert via Insert>Footnote

> 3) Have a second (different) set of footnotes for the main text in a column
> on the outer side of the page

Insert > Margin Note

> 4) The columns should be flexible to bend around the text depending on
> length, etc.

Not out of the box. Requires LaTeX knowledge and maybe raw LaTeX
(ERT-insets) in the document.

> 5) The numbering of the different sets of footnotes should be different
> styles.

OK.

Günter

¹ naming of menu entries and buttons may be differ depending on the LyX
  version and GUI language (my LyX speaks German).