I'm working through the LyX Tutorial and I've encountered a problem in
Section 3.4.2: Your first cross-reference. I have followed the steps
outlined in this section:
* Applied the label "sec:About-This-Document" at the end of the title
line for Section 2 of my document (as directed in Section 3.4.1 in
* Typed the suggested text, "If you want to know more about this
document, then see Section, which can be found on page." within
Section 2 of my document
* Placed the cursor after the word "Section"
* Used the Cross Reference toolbar button
* Selected "<reference> on page <page>" from the "Format" drop-down
menu in the Cross-reference dialog
* Selected the label "sec:About-This-Document"
The reference label "Ref+Text: sec:About-This-Document" then appears
after the word "Section" in my text. However, when I view the .pdf file,
no page information is published. The sentence reads: "If you want to
know more about this document, then see Section 2, which can be found on
page." Information is published for the Section but not for the page.
Please let me know if you see an error in my steps. This particular
format is not completely necessary for my needs, and I can fix the
problem manually by including another cross-reference at the end of the
word "page" and using the "<page>" format in the Cross-reference dialog,
but I'd like to know whether I am creating the problem or the format
contains a bug.