On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 04:39:23PM +0000, Ilan wrote:
> Thanks David and Stephan.
>
> My problem is that I'm working on a multi-file project so under the tmp
> directory there are several directories and the location of the Latex file
> depends on the file I compiled (and of course the tmp directory has a
> different
> name each time under windows).
>
> What I used to do until few months ago is opening the Latex log, and there I
> saw the full path to the compiled file, so I could copy it to a Latex editor.
> After some updates to Lyx & Latex, I see in the log only the file name
> without
> the path.

I'm not aware of a LyX update that meant to change this so perhaps it
was an update to the LaTeX file? LyX does not (and has never AFAIK)
changed the log in any way after you click on "View Complete Log".
However, this might be worth a feature request. If you can think of a
good way LyX can show the path to the log in an unintrusive way (e.g.
not changing the LaTeX log), then it might be considered. Please make a
ticket at http://www.lyx.org/trac

> I can (and this is what I do) to find the current tmp directory and then
> searching for all the Latex files to find the right one by its name.
> I hoped there is an option to return to the previous state of easily finding
> the directory with a click.

Another possibility is:
on Linux when I preview with Evince, I can just right-click on the PDF
that is opened in Evince and there is an option "Open Containing
Folder". I think that is the folder you want.

Scott