On 11/04/2015 11:46 PM, Robert Susmilch wrote:
Dear List,

I have been doing quite a few papers in LyX, and tried switching to
LibreOffice for Zotero integration, however the math and figure placement
drove me up the wall so badly, I came back to LyX/LaTeX, cheated, and entered
my citations and references manually via cut and paste.

I have looked at several fonts, and like Libertine, however I cannot get
Libertine to work for the math font.

At first libertine would not show up as installed in LyX, but a reboot may
have fixed that. It now shows up under math font. However, even a basic
document gives me an error while trying LuaTex:

! Font \=zxxrl7z at 10pt not loadable: metric data not found or bad.
<to be read again>
relax
l.11 This is a fancy equation $\sum
                                  _{i=1}^{\infty}b^{i}$.
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

This happens with Times New Roman and Garamond for the NewTX math font. Euler
and Kurier both work (but are ugly IMHO.)

PDFLatex gives a similar error, but complains that there is no font of size
8.8 pt loadable.

XeXtex coplains about missing temp pdf.

I have tried some suggestions of reinstalling texlive-collectiion-
fontsrecommended. I have wiped my preamble out and removed all loaded modules
in document settings.

This is all on a Fedora 22 system, using LyX  2.1.4.

What am I missing?

Hello Robert,
I opened your file 'Example.lyx' as it came and it compiled to PDf without any complaints.
I have lyx 2.1.2 / openSUSE 13.2 / KDE
I could furnish you my SETTINGS if you think that would help.

BTW: your example file also converts without any error message to any other document class available in my LyX (except in classes for letters).

Michael Berger