Guillaume Munch wrote:

> Le 05/11/2015 12:36, Neal Becker a écrit :
>> Guillaume Munch wrote:

>>> You are trying to use NewTXMath with the libertine option if I
>>> understand correctly. I don't know what goes wrong. But, have you tried
>>> the stix fonts with pdflatex (\usepackage{stix} in the preamble) ? Stix
>>> is self-contained, so you have to remove other font packages first,
>>> including math symbols, to try. I know a couple other fonts for text and
>>> math that give good results.
>>
>> Out of curiosity I took a beamer presentation and tried adding
>> \usepackage{stix}.  I got a string of errors, starting with:
>>
>> No room for a new \mathgroup .
>>

> If you previously needed additional packages containing math symbols,
> try to remove those packages from the preamble. Stix should already have
> all the symbols that you need. In particular I set amssymb and stmaryrd
> to "do not load" in the document settings (but maybe that's also because
> I \usepackage[scr=boondoxo,cal=pxtx]{mathalfa} in addition to stix, I
> don't remember the details).

I tried removing all other packages, and trying lualatex on this tex file I
still get the same error.  My preamble is down to this:  (This is fedora 23)

%% LyX 2.1.4 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
\documentclass[english]{beamer}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setcounter{secnumdepth}{3}
\setcounter{tocdepth}{3}
\usepackage{graphicx}

\makeatletter

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% LyX specific LaTeX commands.
%% A simple dot to overcome graphicx limitations
\newcommand{\lyxdot}{.}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Textclass specific LaTeX commands.
 % this default might be overridden by plain title style
 \newcommand\makebeamertitle{\frame{\maketitle}}%
 % (ERT) argument for the TOC
 \AtBeginDocument{%
   \let\origtableofcontents=\tableofcontents
   \def\tableofcontents{\@ifnextchar[{\origtableofcontents}
{\gobbletableofcontents}}
   \def\gobbletableofcontents#1{\origtableofcontents}
 }

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% User specified LaTeX commands.
\usepackage{stix}
%\usepackage{siunitx}
%\usetheme{CambridgeUS}
%\usecolortheme{dolphin}