On 12/07/2015 01:45 PM, Michael Berger wrote:
> Dear LyX friends,
> this is a new and frustrating experience.
> After the update just everything is there as before, nothing lost, no
> program, no configuration.
> However, when trying to work with LyX and opening my documents I got
> the well-known LaTex errors that packages were missing.
> When opening the Documents Settings I found all classes grayed.
>
> Has somebody out there experienced that same problem and can somebody
> tell me how to resolve the issue?

There are various things that can cause this kind of problem after an
update.

First, I'd verify that TeX is properly installed. From a terminal try:
    kpsewhich article.cls
You should get a response telling you where that file is. If not, then
your TeX installation is either missing or very broken.

If that is all right, then open LyX from a terminal. Try Tools>
Reconfigure and see what error messages you might get. Let us know what
you see. You should also get a file configure.log in your user directory
containing all the output from the configuration process. Please post that.

Richard