On 2016-01-08, Michael Berger wrote:
> On 01/07/2016 10:39 PM, Georg Baum wrote:
>> Guenter Milde wrote:

>>> Generally, it is good to have the options globally, so that other packages
>>> can pick this up.

>>> In this document, however, the indexing is confused somehow to use one of
>>> the secondary languages (given before "english").

> Again all my many documents correctly print 'page' (and NOT 'Seite')
> with "Set languages globally" deactivated.

> Furthermore, it does so regardless whether the secondary language(s) is
> given before the primary language or not.

Testing revealed, that actually the last of the nomencl-supported languages
"wins" out of all languages handed as global options or directly to
nomencl.sty.

LyX does not pass a language option to nomencl currently.

This means:

-> With "Set languages globally" deactivated, nomencl uses always English
   (its built-in default).

-> With "Set languages globally" true, nomencl uses the last in
   alphabetical order out of the intersection of the sets "languages used in
   the document" and "languages supported by nomencl".

   This means, currently

   * you should activate "Set languages globally" if you want, e.g., a
     German nomenclature for an "all German" document,

   * this also works for a German document with some English or French (as
     these languages sort before German), but you

   * cannot create a document with some Spanish text parts and nomenclature
     in German.
     (This would requires "Set languages globally" false PLUS passing of the
     document language directly to nomencl.sty.)

I am not sure, whether this problem should be worked around in LyX (it seems
a rather seldom use case) or rather be addressed directly in the nomencl
package. (BTW: I have a patch for nomencl.sty support of ngerman in my local
texmf folder.)

Günter