On Tue, 26 Jan 2016, Rich Shepard wrote:

 I used the R output (as text). I'll try inserting the tables in ERT and
see if that helps. If not, I'll figure out something that'll work for
review purposes (submission deadline is 1 February) and futz with the
details later.

  The problem seems related to the bibtex style file: apacite.sty. From the
displayed error log:

 (/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/fragments/subscript.sty)
(/usr/share/texmf-d
ist/tex/latex/apacite/apacite.sty
Package: apacite 2013/07/21 v6.03 APA citation
! Undefined control sequence.
l.1216           \st@rtbibchapter

The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., hobx'), type      ' and the correct
spelling (e.g.,         \hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

-------------------------------

Package: apacite 2013/07/21 v6.03 APA citation
! Undefined control sequence.
l.1216           \st@rtbibchapter

The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., hobx'), type      ' and the correct
spelling (e.g.,         \hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

! Too many }'s.
l.1219     }

  Can someone suggest an equivalent alternative to apacite.sty?

Rich