Hi Paul,

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 10:30:59AM -0600, Paul Johnson wrote:
> We have a lab of windows machines that did work fine with LyX and the
> free Adobe pdf viewer.  Today, we notice there is an update so that
> LyX View causes the PDF to build, then Adobe pops open, but it does
> not show the document, it just shows a list of recently viewed PDF.

An update to LyX or Adobe PDF reader? Or a Windows update?

> I've looked and find same has happened to others over time, and
> suggestion seems to be "install Sumatra pdf viewer".  In our lab, the
> problem is that the system admins refuse to install things except
> during the twice-per-year update period, so that's not a great option.

Makes sense. Nevertheless you might want to put it on the system admin's
list now. Even if we do come up with a fix there's a good chance
something else will break in the future. These issues seem to keep
coming up with Adobe Reader.

Best,

Scott