On 21.05.2016 19:27, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 01:41:44PM +0200, racoon wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to place two tables side by side so that their captions at the
bottom align at the bottom. I tried several combinations of Content and Box
alignment of minipages but failed. Using sub figures instead didn't help
either.

I thought that putting them in sub-floats would work but it didn't.

Maybe take a look at the captions LaTeX package.

Thanks. I'll take a look. But isn't the package only responsible for tweaking the caption itself? I am looking for a way to align the whole content of the boxes or subfloats at the bottom.

Daniel