Hi  Kornel,
I set PATH as you told me, see: bash_profileKor.png
and also tried as Jürgen told me, see: bash_profileJue.png

Both show exactly the same behavior:

- calling 'tlmgr gui' from a console as user the GUI pops up but with the buttons disabled "You have no permission to change the installation. Run as administrator..."

and indeed, I could do nothing with the GUI, but

- calling 'tlmgr gui' from a console as administrator returns: 'bash: tlmgr: command not found'

It seems to me as if the last tiny bit was still missing.
Could it have to do with the last line 'unset USERNAME' ?

Thank you both for your continuing patience!
Michael