> Suppose I have already created two frames in lyx beamer. Then I realize
> that
> I need to insert a new frame between the two. Since lyx2.2 has removed
> separator. I tried the following two approaches, both failed.
>
> (1) "Alt+P Enter" obtained message "Command disabled".
> (2) There is no "Start new environment" from the "Editor" in the menu.
>
> What is the correct way to insert a frame between two existing frames?

Alt-P Enter (or Alt-P Shift-Enter if you are nested) should work in this
case and is the "correct way". Also, the items are supposed to be in the
Edit menu. Make sure, though, that the cursor is not inside an inset.
If these are despite all this disabled, could you post a small example file?

Note that the separator inset can always be inserted via "Alt-x
separator-insert" as a last resort.

HTH
Jürgen