Dear Scott,

If you try typesetting time periods, in old LyX you could just type "2014--2016". When you print PDF you will read 2014[en-dash]2016. In other words, old Lyx printed the double dash as if it Latex code.

Now in version 2.2.1 I tried to type 2014--2016 but Lyx automatically overwrites this double dash with en-dash. This is simply WRONG thing to do. en-dash is a special character that I do not want in my code!

To make it clear: imagine that I want to type $\mu$ and LyX starts to convert this to unicode character mu U+039C, Μ or whatever

Lyx now behaves as MS Word instead as a LaTeX typesetter. I don't think the solution is to revert back my LyX to 2.1

Thanks,

Danko