On 16.08.2016 21:24, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 10:12:10AM +0200, racoon wrote:
On 16.08.2016 04:04, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 08:34:39PM +0200, racoon wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to make all my LyX notes visible as notes (or so) on the PDF?

You could probably redefine the note inset in local layout, or you could
use inset-forall to convert a LyX note to e.g. a Greyed Out inset.

Thanks! I'll give it a try. I guess would be a nice feature if one sends
one's drafts to someone who does not have LyX. Maybe I can even manage to
have the standard PDF comments from the PDF Comments module. Wouldn't it be
nice to have such a feature integrated directly into the module?

I think a general user-friendly feature to turn some insets into others
(perhaps which can be converted to which can be specified in the
definition of the layout).

I just came back to the problem and wanted to post a quick update.

The problem with replacing notes is that pdfcomments from the module are not visible in the outliner.

So I had to work with notes themselves. LyX notes don't really have a LaTeX command that is executed. So I ended up hijacking the Note:Comment and setting LatexName to pdfcomment (and MultiPar to false).

Seems to work pretty fine so far. Maybe that could be even worth an option or module in LyX?

Daniel